Absencehub presents: The Usual Suspects
Absence costs £609 per employee per year in the UK (up from £595 in 2013 – CIPD, 2014)
– or up to £900 p.a. according to Aon Hewitt.
Most of it is caused by a select few repeat offenders.
We’ve created character profiles for these Usual Suspects to help managers recognise them and find a way to break their bad attendance habits. Find out more about each Usual Suspect.
Watch our animation of Sheriff Engage catching the Usual Suspects who are guilty of causing most absence problems in most organisations. Do you recognise any of these villains?
Absencehub.com Engage absence management software helps SMEs to catch these culprits of poor attendance and implement and adhere to corporate absence management policies by recording, analysing and reporting data in real-time to provide a decision making foundation for senior management as well as ensuring that all corporate policy triggers are notified to line managers and ensures that early intervention can take place to increase likelihood of a speedier return to work. It also ensures that the Usual Suspects of poor attendance are identified early so line managers can deal with them in compliance with corporate policy.
Engage can not only help you identify the Usual Suspects, but it can also help you:
- Improve staff/employee attendance
- Support early intervention through access to Occupational Health providers to ensure a speedy return to work – and the workplace is often the best place for rehabilitation
- Provide a decision-making foundation and analytical basis prior to implementing wellbeing programmes – and measure the impact afterwards
- Ensure adherence to your corporate absence policy
- Create a happier, healthier and more productive workforce
- Conduct Return to Work interviews professionally and in a timely manner
When it comes to absence management, dealing with the Usual Suspects of poor attendance is not your only concern and that is why Absencehub.com’s Engage absence management Software as a Service (SaaS) solution can help you in a wide range of areas.